RT News

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Paper: Jackson's sister says star was 'murdered'


Michael Jackson was killed by a band of greedy hangers-on, his sister La Toya alleged in interviews with British Sunday newspapers. The King of Pop's sister spoke about her younger brother's death and the aftermath with The Mail on Sunday and the News of the World weeklies. "I believe Michael was murdered, I felt that from the start," the 53-year-old said.
(AFP/Getty Images/File)


msnbc.com
updated 1 hour, 58 minutes ago

Michael Jackson's sister La Toya reportedly told British tabloid The News of the World that the King of Pop was murdered for his $1 billion fortune.

"I know who did it and I won't rest until I nail them," she allegedly told the newspaper on Saturday night.

"Michael was murdered," declared the 53-year-old former Playboy model, according to the paper's online report. "And we don't think just one person was involved. Rather, it was a conspiracy of people. I feel it was all about money. Michael was worth well over a billion in music publishing assets and somebody killed him for that. He was worth more dead than alive."


"I think everyone will be surprised when the results come out," she purportedly said, referring to the official coroner's report, and explaining that she already knew the results from the family's own toxicology tests.

"He had many needle marks on his neck and on his arms, and more about those will emerge in the next few weeks. But nothing has changed my mind that this was murder and I won't give up until I find out what killed my brother," she reportedly told The News of the World.

"A couple of years ago Michael told me he was worried that people were out to get him. He said, 'They're gonna kill me for my publishing. They want my catalogues and they're gonna kill me for these.'

"I knew something terrible was going to happen," she allegedly said.

La Toya Jackson reportedly went on to claim that oxygen flasks and empty pill bottles were strewn around the room where her brother died.


Debbie Rowe plans to attend custody hearing
Dream job turns to tragedy for Jackson doctor
One week delay in Jackson guardianship case

In addition, she allegedly told the paper that she believed items were stolen from him.

"Michael always had cash in his homes, usually around $2 million which he used to pay out on things. People said he wasn't wealthy, but Michael always had money with him.

"When I went to the house later that day there was no cash or jewelry. So many people had been through that house before I got there. Someone went in there and did a good job. It was very strange," she said, according to the New of the World report.

No comments: