RT News

Showing posts with label Hazara Foundation of South Australia. Show all posts
Showing posts with label Hazara Foundation of South Australia. Show all posts

Saturday, November 07, 2015

No Tsu for you: Facebook blocks social-networking competitor

Letter of Invitation: I would be available to answer any queries regarding best suburbs to integrate socially, just to let you know 21 suburbs of South Australia which are red-flagged by Australian banks. I am happy to provide detail answers to any questions with reference to Property Investment, Subdivision, Development, Buying/ Selling Residential, Commercial, Rural Properties and Businesses. I am available in person (Tue/Thu at 1289 South Rd, St. Marys, SA 5042 12 to 5 p.m) or on cell to answer any questions, and concerns you have to decide about your Real Estate. (Cell: 0431 138 537, Email: Saqlain@Dukesrealestate.com) Click here to invest in South Australian Residential Commercial, Rural Properties, Schools & Businesses. Published time: 6 Nov, 2015 18:09 Edited time: 6 Nov, 2015 19:12 Get short URL Facebook is deleting all links to fellow social media site Tsu.co on its site, as well as its Instagram and Messenger platforms, going so far as to scrub more than a million Facebook posts that referenced Tsu.co, including videos, photos, and comments. If a Facebook post mentions "Tsu.co," the site will offer a "Send Failed" message that says the "content you're trying to share includes a link that our security systems detected to be unsafe." Facebook began blocking Tsu-mentions on September 25, after Tsu users had generated an average of more than 2,534 visits a day to Tsu through Facebook posts. Facebook says users have complained about Tsu.co links, identifying them as spam. Tsu -- an upstart, invite-only social network that allows its more than 4.5 million users to keep a significant share of advertising revenue from ads displayed on a user's page -- says the move is part of an effort by Facebook, the leviathan of social media, to snuff out competition. "We're persona non grata," Tsu founder Sebastian Sobczak told CNN. "You can type in all sorts of seedy websites, and you can get to them. But not us. We don't exist." Facebook keeps 100 percent of ad-revenue profit generated from a user’s page. Tsu takes 10 percent, while the user keeps 45 percent, and the user’s friends that invited the them to Tsu share the other 45 percent. The financial incentive for potential users to sign up and invite others to Tsu has translated into a slew of posts on Facebook by Tsu users mentioning Tsu.co. Facebook says Tsu users have created fake Facebook accounts to steer traffic to Tsu. Facebook users have been reporting Tsu as spam, the site said. Facebook defines spam as “sending bulk messages, excessively posting links or images to people’s Timelines and sending friend requests to people you don’t know personally.” Tsu appealed to Facebook after being blocked, saying it hadn’t violated Facebook’s terms of service since it did not pay users to post content. Facebook says it will unblock Tsu as long as the fledgling site prohibits its users from posting on Tsu and Facebook at the same time. "We do not allow developers to incentivize content sharing on our platform because it encourages spammy sharing," said Melanie Ensign, a Facebook spokesperson, according to CNN. Read more © Dado RuvicFacebook snoops on people just like NSA – Belgian watchdog to court Tsu users such as photographers, artists, and others – who seek to make money from the site – said the block is hampering their ability to generate income from their work. In one case, Facebook deleted around 7,500 posts that mentioned Tsu by user Claudia Everest, who began selling her drawings of dogs – she does 25 per day – while undergoing chemotherapy. "It has had quite an impact on myself and my business," Everest told ZDNet. "The whole idea that Facebook have labelled my dogs as malicious content is laughable." READ MORE: Harvard student loses Facebook internship days after exposing privacy flaws On a larger scale, rapper 50 Cent -- who has more than 38 million Likes on his Facebook profile page and 131,000 Tsu followers -- posted a video on his Facebook page in July that included a direct link to access the video on Tsu.co. That post was one of many Tsu-related posts deleted by Facebook. Tsu founder Sobczak estimated last month that "five to ten million items have been removed from Facebook - both automated and manual." "We are investigating the extent of what is going on between Facebook and Tsu," he told ZDNet last month. "We have contacted them but they have not responded from any of the three platforms which have removed any historical mentions of Tsu. We encourage users to see if any content has been deleted and to contact these platforms to find out why their content has been censored."

Tuesday, September 01, 2015

2000 flyers target new mosque planned for Greenfields in Adelaide’s north: $3m plan for multi-cultural Islamic school in Parafield Gardens

2000 flyers target new mosque planned for Greenfields in Adelaide’s north Sarah Rohweder|| Northern Messenger| January 29, 2015 2:31PM| | A RIGHT-WING nationalist group has sent out 2000 flyers encouraging people to oppose a mosque planned for the northern suburbs. The state’s peak Muslim group has hit back at the flyer, encouraging its proponents to meet with Muslims in the area and learn about their religion. The mosque will be built by the Hazara Foundation of South Australia on a vacant block at 138-140 Ryans Rd, Greenfields. The Patriots Defence League, which has lobbied against other mosques in Queensland, has distributed the flyer around Parafield Gardens and Salisbury. It states that it will “devalue houses” and lead to the formation of a “ghetto” and asks if nearby residents “want people that don’t assimilate”. — Adelaide Chapter member who drafted the flyer and declined to be named, said he was concerned the mosque would create a religious divide within the community. This flyer has been delivered around Parafield Gardens. He said the group planned to write a letter to Salisbury Council, asking what public consultation had been done and, if needed, hold a demonstration outside the council chambers. Hazara spokesman Akram Albarouky would not comment on the situation other than to say “with the political unrest at the moment, it is expected”. But the Islamic Society of South Australia has hit back at the flyer, saying the group was “ill-informed” and the flyers stemmed from a fear of the Islamic religion. “The people distributing these flyers are ill-informed about what mosques mean, what Islam means, and what Muslim people are all about,” president Waleed Alkhazrajy said. “Muslims have jobs, own businesses, send their kids to school and university, own houses, do barbecues on Sundays, watch the football and play with their kids in the park so I’m not sure what else they need to do to tick the box of being assimilated. “They should come down, speak to the Muslim people, see what they are about, what their religion is about and I’m sure they will change their minds.” Mayor Gillian Aldridge said council staff had consulted the public about the proposal before it was approved this month. This included a 15-day window for appeals against the decision. Ms Aldridge said the council wanted to embrace religious diversity. “Salisbury is one of the most inclusive, multicultural and diverse communities in Australia and I’m proud to say it’s a place where racism or discrimination is not tolerated,” Ms Aldridge said. “It’s important that people know the level of public engagement was exactly the same as similarly categorised applications. “This included properties within a 170m radius of the proposed development being formally notified by letter, a newspaper advertisement in The Advertiser outlining the public consultation process (and) listing on (the) council’s website.” The Council recieved 40 representations opposing the development. ========================= $3m plan for multi-cultural Islamic school in Parafield Gardens Pam Brombal News Review Messenger August 08, 2012 9:16AM Nadia Tugwell and Orhan Atakan out the front of the Parafield Gardens site where they are planning to build a new private school to cater to the migrant community. Picture: Noelle Bobrige A $3 MILLION multicultural school has been proposed for Parafield Gardens, catering for up to 200 students from Reception to Year 12. The Australian Islamic Social Association has lodged a development application with Salisbury Council to build the school at 92 Shepherdson Rd, Parafield Gardens. The proposed plan would incorporate three existing heritage buildings on the site, restoring the rundown buildings. Named Garden College, the school would include two two-storey buildings with 24 classrooms, a multi-use community centre, a gymnasium, canteen, playground and sports area, and on-site parking. The school would accept students of all backgrounds, starting with one Reception class in 2014. President for the Australian-Islam Social Association (SA) Orhan Atakan said he expected many of the school's students would come from non-English speaking backgrounds. "The school will help children of migrants and newcomers to Australia learn English and the national school curriculum, while also transitioning into the community," Mr Atakan said. "We aim to be like any other school -- with a mixture of cultures, nationalities and students from different backgrounds learning a high standard of education." Mr Atakan said there was "strong demand for a multicultural school" in the Salisbury area. "People are waiting for this," he said. "We already have quite a few families on a waiting list who are excited for the opening of the new school.". Architect and builder Nadia Tugwell from Nadant Consulting said the school "would combine high-tech equipment with a heritage feel". "We will be restoring the heritage buildings and make use of them as a canteen and administration area," Ms Tugwell said. "The design of the modern buildings and community centre will compliment the heritage buildings, along with an open play space and landscaped areas." Ms Tugwell said the school had consulted a traffic expert to minimise congestion on Shepherdson Rd, which also catered for Holy Family Primary on the opposite side of the road. "One of the things we are looking at is staggering our school start and finish times, for example starting at 8am and finishing at 3pm, to ease traffic congestion on the road and clashes with the school opposite." Construction on the site is expected to start in October if the project is approved by Salisbury Council, with the school set to open in January 2014. The school plan is expected to be made available for community consultation later this month.